We offer a professional conveyancing service to ensure your transaction is conducted efficiently and in a timely manner.
In accordance with SRA transparency guidance 2018, please find below our approach to Fees for the delivery of our Residential Conveyancing Services. If you have any queries or would like to discuss your property transaction in further detail please call our Stalham Office on 01692 581231 or our Wroxham Office (Broads Centre) on 01603 783818.
Disbursements are additional costs related to your Sale or Purchase that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees, the cost of Searches etc. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These costs vary depending on the Sale or Purchase Price but you can get an idea of potential costs via the Land Registry website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry
Stamp Duty or Land Tax (on purchase)
This is calculated according to the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC’s website: https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority’s website: https://beta.gov.wales/welsh-revenue-authority
The above fee details are based on the conclusion of the transaction based on instructions received. In the event the transaction does not proceed for a variety of reasons we would reserve the right to invoice on a pro rata basis according to the work concluded prior to the transaction aborting.
*Our fee table is based on:
1. A standard transaction with no unforeseen matters arising including, for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction, investigation of any “listed building” documentation or associated issues. In the event of such matters arising additional fees would be chargeable.
2. Our fee table is based on dealing with a registered title and in circumstances of needing to investigate title to unregistered land, further charges may apply.
3. This is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease.
4. The transaction is concluded in a timely manner with no unforeseen complications and without undue expenditure of time and prioritising of the transaction arising from the need to expedite completion outside of the usual standard period.
5. All parties involved in the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
6. No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if Indemnity policies are required.
7. Please note all our fees exclude VAT and disbursements in all cases.
In the event that any of these issues become apparent during the course of the transaction your Solicitor will advise you as soon as possible of any cost implications.
Please note that we do not pay referral fees to agents and so you can rest assured you will receive completely independent legal advice.
Effective Date : 1st September 2019
At Capron & Helliwell we understand that it is often an emotional and stressful time when a relationship breaks down. We recognise that it is helpful to seek legal advice at an early stage on what you can do about the situation and in order to find out about your legal rights as this provides some certainty. We currently offer an initial 30 minute advice appointment for a fixed fee of £50 plus VAT.
Fixed fees will not be for everyone and will depend upon individual circumstances – we currently offer the following fixed fee packages for suitable cases:-
• Divorce – undefended proceedings – as Petitioner - £585 plus VAT + Court fee of £550
• Divorce – undefended proceedings – as Respondent - £270 plus VAT
In more complex cases or where unforeseen difficulties are encountered we reserve the right to charge on our usual hourly rate basis of £240 plus VAT for the work undertaken.
We do not offer fixed fee packages when dealing with other family law work including disputes involving children and financial settlements. Due to the nature of such matters and because every client’s circumstances are unique to them we charge on our usual hourly rate basis for the work undertaken.
We will update you regularly regarding fees and give an estimate for the costs in your case.
If you think you may be eligible for public funding (Legal Aid) we will advise you on local firms who hold a Legal Aid Franchise as Capron & Helliwell do not.
Effective Date : 1st February 2021
Wills, Trusts, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney & Deputyship
Price and Service Information
Home visits will incur an additional charge depending on distance to be travelled.
Effective Date: 1st February 2021
Charged per hour - Please contact us for details.